Sunday

design evolution...




The evolution of my sample website - the grid.

1. Basic grid – keeping things simple – 2 focal points, 1 main and 1 secondary
2. Addition of photo gallery and colour highlights at top – focal point 1
· Need high quality pictures to give the user a real feel of being in Peru
· Want to inject some colour to represent the vibrant culture
3. Addition of icon menu – focal point 2
· I was inspired by the design of the iPhone
· It is a very clean lay-out with metaphorical design principles in mind
· The initial background green is selected to represent freshness and lush tropical forest
4. Addition of header
· Peru is in red for contrast and add some ‘pop’ to the website
· The green colour is continued in the header with a wavy bi-colour design
· The wavy design is meant to represent the various altitudes of Peru
5. Addition of background image in icon menu
· I realized that the green I chose was horrible – not giving me the feeling I wanted to give the user
· I found a really great high quality picture of a tropical leaf
· The tropical leaf incorporates many different shades of green and adds even more of a tropical feel
6. Addition of new colour highlights at top of page
· I thought the new colour highlights are much more vibrant and add much more to the feel of the website

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I think you acheived clean and vibrant! The tropical leaf is my favourite part - fabulous shades of green.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work, Drew!

    I like your process and your analysis is good!
    You're onto something! :)

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete